A custom paper isn’t just an original piece of work. It should be a detailed composition that is uniquely yours. It should have your ‘voice’ stamped on it. Have you ever read something by a favorite author, and you knew it was their writing immediately? That is custom writing. It should be meet the highest standards. There are many things that can be truly your custom paper. An amazing essay, a short story, even your thesis.
Why should bother writing a custom paper? In truth, not every paper needs to be a custom paper. You would wear yourself pretty thin if you tried to put that much into everything you wrote. Still, there are times that you do want to make that extra effort. Perhaps your paper may be published. You might also be interested in earning as high a grade as possible. If a professor could have influence of your future, you certainly want to go the extra mile to impress them.
The good news is that there are things you can do, and things you can avoid when creating custom, written works. Keep reading to learn more.
Steps to Follow
Take these steps for an amazing, custom written paper.
- Select a Topic That Speaks to You
It’s difficult to add your personal voice to something that you don’t really care about. This is why it’s important to find a topic that truly resonates with you. Even if you aren’t in love with your subject matter, make an effort to send something about it that you care about.
- Research Thoroughly
Even if you are an expert, always take the time to research. You never know when you might come across some groundbreaking information. You’ll also want plenty of data to back up the points that you make.
- Take Detailed Notes
As you research, take detailed notes. Organize them in a way that works for you. Some people prefer note taking apps. Others like to use colors to coordinate their notes. You’ll appreciate having good notes later on.
- Create Your Thesis And Determine Your Passion Point
If you are writing an essay, research paper, or other academic work, you want to spend plenty of time composing your thesis. If you are writing some type of fiction think about the climactic moment in your story. Next, think of your passion point. That is what you want your reader to think about when they are finished. Your passion point is what you care about most as it relates to whatever you are writing.
- Create an Outline
This isn’t just a formality. It is an important step in the writing process. Your paper deserves your taking all of the needed steps to make sure it is the best it can be.
- Keep Yourself Honest
When you write about things you care about, you can become a bit blind to reality. For example, you might have long held beliefs about a topic, and be tempted to ignore evidence to the contrary. Always ensure that you consider all evidence, even if it goes against your beliefs.
- Proofread And Edit Thoroughly
Don’t miss this step. Quality and thoroughness matters. Take time to fix formatting, spelling, and grammatical error. Double check your work manually, and use a spelling and grammar checking tool.
- Focus on Your Intro And Conclusion
People remember beginnings and endings most of all. Get readers interested with a powerful and compelling intro. Then, close things out with a conclusion that ties everything together.
- Get The Opinion of Someone You Trust
Don’t just rely on peer review. Instead, find someone whose opinion you really trust, and ask them to read your writing. Tell them you want honest feedback. If something isn’t right, it’s best to learn about it before you turn in your paper.
- Ask For Help if You Need It
There is no shame in asking for help, even where you have expertise. Consider letting a professional help you to ensure that your writing is ideal.
Points to Think About
Here are some things to consider while you are writing your custom paper. They may just help you do your best work.
- Don’t be afraid to take risks. Your custom writing should be passionate and yours alone.
- Conversely, don’t be combative or controversial just because you can.
- Backup all of your assertions with data.
- Read your writing and ask yourself, ‘Does this sound uniquely like me?
- Read authors and researchers you respect for inspiration.
Mistakes to Avoid
Here are some mistakes to avoid when it comes to custom writing.
- Being Derivative: Use your own voice
- Failing to proofread adequately: Your work must be error free
- Giving others opinions too much credence: Ask people you respect for opinions and ignore the rest.
- Not getting an early start: Never wait until the last minute
- Picking a topic too quickly: Take your time to pick one that resonates with you.
Dos And Don’ts
- Narrow down your topic
- Break a big writing task into multiple steps
- See if there is anything new to learn about your topic
- Do some writing exercises to warm up
- Work in a comfortable place
- Try to sound too ‘academic’
- Miss peer review or any sessions with your professor or TA
- Ignore the importance of paragraph transitions
- Lose track of your rubric
- Give up if you are struggling with your assignment